Implant-Supported Dentures in Vienna, VA
If you are missing teeth and are looking for a more secure and stable option than traditional dentures, implant-supported dentures may be right for you. At Virginia Oral Surgery Specialists, we offer implant-supported dentures as a tooth replacement option for our patients in Vienna, VA.
What are implant-supported dentures?
Implant-supported dentures are dentures that are attached to dental implants. Dental implants are titanium posts surgically placed into the jawbone to act as artificial tooth roots. Once the dental implant post is placed and has healed, an abutment (connector piece) is placed on top of the implant, and the denture then attaches to the abutment. Implant supported removable dentures are a cross over between completely removable dentures supported just by your gums and fixed dentures fully supported by implants. Implant supported removable dentures take support from the underlying implants as well as gum tissue. This decreases the load on the gums and jaw bone and minimizes the loss of jaw bone while providing better stability and retention than traditional dentures.
The Importance of Restoring Missing Teeth
It is essential to restore missing teeth for both functional and aesthetic reasons. It can be challenging to eat and speak properly when you lose teeth. Additionally, tooth loss can cause the remaining teeth to shift out of place and further tooth loss or periodontal disease.
Replacing missing teeth with implant-supported dentures can help to prevent these problems. Implants replace the entire tooth, including the tooth root, which helps to keep the jawbone healthy and strong.
Am I a good candidate for implant-supported dentures?
The best candidates for implant dentures have good overall health and have a strong jawbone. If you do not have a strong jawbone, you may still be a candidate for implant-supported dentures, but you may need to have a bone graft procedure first to build up the jawbone. Implants offer many benefits for those looking to replace missing teeth, including:
- A more secure and stable fit than a removable denture
- The ability to eat and speak with more confidence
- Improved oral health because implant-supported dentures do not rely on adjacent teeth for support
- Enhances dental health by supporting the jawbone and remaining teeth
If you are considering removable dentures to restore missing teeth but want more stability and retention than traditional dentures, schedule a consultation with our Virginia Oral Surgery Specialists team to see if implant-supported dentures are right for you.
Benefits of Dental Implants VS. Removable Dentures
There are many benefits to choosing implant-supported dentures over traditional removable dentures, including:
- Improved stability and security: Unlike traditional dentures that can slip and slide around in your mouth, implant-supported dentures are securely attached to the implants, making them much more stable.
- Improved chewing ability: Implant-retained dentures allow you to chew your food more effectively, as they do not move around like removable dentures.
- Improved speech: Removable dentures can cause you to slur your words. Implant-supported dentures will not affect your speech.
- Improved oral health: Implant-supported dentures do not require adhesives, and they do not cover up any of your natural teeth. This helps to improve your oral hygiene.
- Improved self-esteem: Implant-supported dentures look and feel more natural than removable dentures, and they can give you the confidence to smile and speak without worry.
- Improved convenience:Although implant supported removable dentures do need to be removed at night time to allow your gums to rest, they do not require adhesive or special cleaners.
Learn More About our Vienna Implant Dentures
If you are looking for implant-supported dentures in Vienna, VA, contact Virginia Oral Surgery Specialists today to schedule a consultation. Our skilled oral surgeons can help you decide if implant-supported dentures are the right tooth replacement option for you. Our dental office is dedicated to providing our patients with the best possible care and treatment, and we will work with you to create a treatment plan that meets your needs and goals.