All-On-4 Implants - Vienna, VA
What are All-On-4/6 Implants?
Are you thinking about getting All-on-4 dental implants in Vienna? All-On-4/6 Dental Implants are also called fixed hybrid. This is a treatment where in dental implants are placed in the jawbone to support a complete set of dentures. This type of implants are most often used for patients with all of their natural teeth extracted or those with a very limited jaw bone. Traditional dental implants used to replace entire arches of teeth required several plants per arch. However, with the the All-On-4/ 6 system only requires four to 6 dental implants are needed per arch, making it a more affordable and accessible option for many patients. The goal is to place an optimal number of implants whether 4 or 6 in order to support a fixed dental prosthesis with the goal of long term retention of implants and the prosthesis. Often times the procedure of dental extractions, placement of dental implants and the temporary fixed denture can be carried out on the same day ,hence the term teeth in a day.
Are All-On-4/6 Dental Implants right for me?
The best way to determine if All-On-4/6 dental implants are right for you is to schedule a consultation with our oral surgeon. Dr. Dawood will examine your mouth, teeth, and jawbone during your consultation to determine if you are a good candidate for this dental implant. However, those who would benefit most from All-On-4/6 implants include those who:
- Are missing teeth entirely in either the top or bottom jaw
- Have multiple broken, loose or missing teeth.
- Bone grafting must be done for those with a small jawbone
- Have dentures that are loose or uncomfortable
- Want a more permanent solution than dentures
- Are looking for an implant option that is more affordable than traditional implants
- Have low self-esteem from missing teeth
What are the benefits of All-On-4/6 Implants for missing teeth?
There are many benefits of choosing All-On-4/6 dental implants to restore your smile. Some of the benefits of All-On-4/6 implants include:
- It allows you to eat all the foods you enjoy without worrying about wearing dentures that need to be removed
- Improves your speaking ability
- It gives you a natural-looking smile
- It prevents further tooth loss and bone loss in the jaw
- Improves your overall oral health
- More cost affordable compared to other full mouth implant options
- They are strategically placed in the jaw for optimal support
What to Expect During the All-On-4/6 Procedure
The All-On-4/6 Dental Implant surgical procedure is a minimally invasive surgery that can be completed in one day. Just four or six implants are inserted into the jawbone. Each small titanium screw is then connected to a metal frame that supports the full set of dentures. The surgery itself is typically completed in just a few hours, and you will be able to go home the same day. We may use temporary teeth during the healing process, usually about three to six months. Once your implants have healed, we will then place your permanent fixed dentures
After the Dental Implant Procedure
Once the implant surgery is completed, you need to take it easy for a few days as your mouth heals. We will give you instructions on proper care for your mouth as you heal. It typically takes four to six months for the implants to fuse to the jawbone. Once this fusion is complete, you will return to your dentit’s office to have your fixed dentures placed.